Scherox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the Week #1

5 posters

Go down

Which one?

Sig of the Week #1 Pollcapleft0%Sig of the Week #1 Pollcapright 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sig of the Week #1 Pollcapleft25%Sig of the Week #1 Pollcapright 25% 
[ 1 ]
Sig of the Week #1 Pollcapleft75%Sig of the Week #1 Pollcapright 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Sig of the Week #1 Empty Sig of the Week #1

Post  Dwlr Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am

Theme: Free (no theme)
Date ending: 11/6 midnight (EST)
Poll closing: 13/6 midnight (EST)
Size max: 500 x 200 px
Size min: 200 x 100 px or 100 x 200

Misc rules:
-Sig must be made during the open time of the contest *on the honor system for the most part*
-1 entry per person
-Max file size: 1mb (pretty much only applies to animated entries so as to not enter ridiculously large images that would bog down some computers.)
-Winner picks the theme of the next SotW (special circumstances may apply such as holidays)
*Winner has untill midnight of the following day after the poll ends to submit the new theme to ensure enough time is given*
-Provide viable reasons with your vote when the voting starts or it won't count. (An attempt to keep down fanboying the character. Viable reasons are reasons pertaining to the composition of the sig not just the render. Being innovative when fitting a theme can also be a viable reason.)
-Avoid voting for yourself and if you entered something try to cast a vote to be 'fair'

Entries:
Ferret
Sig of the Week #1 2z9h4lv
Dwlr
Sig of the Week #1 Miyusig
Zomb *WINNER*
Sig of the Week #1 Aliciainfans

Last edited by Dwlr on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:14 am; edited 6 times in total
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 SotW-SilverSig of the Week #1 Pkmn-SilverSig of the Week #1 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week #1 Dio-TributeSig of the Week #1 Brawl-Bronze
Badges :
Sig of the Week #1 Speed

https://scherox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week #1 Empty UHm

Post  Ferret Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 am

whether it'll be this week or next week i submit this

Sig of the Week #1 2z9h4lv
Ferret

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 SotW-ParticipantSig of the Week #1 Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week #1 Empty Re: Sig of the Week #1

Post  Dwlr Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:22 am

Voting for Aids.

Ferret
Not know what photoshop experience it has had it's a pretty good attempt. The main problem I had with it is that anytime you use a stroke you kill blending which is fine in some scenarios, but I didn't feel like it worked for this particular one. It also seemed a little copy and paste with the fractals which also turned me off

Dwlr
N/A

ZomB
Aside from the use of a sky like background be 'obvious' it has some blending attempts on it and the colors fit well. Compositionally I felt it was lacking a bit of activity which could have made it better IMO, also the rule of thirds places the focal at an odd point IMO. (seems to be focusing on the right eye)

Last edited by Dwlr on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 SotW-SilverSig of the Week #1 Pkmn-SilverSig of the Week #1 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week #1 Dio-TributeSig of the Week #1 Brawl-Bronze
Badges :
Sig of the Week #1 Speed

https://scherox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferret Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:47 pm

I vote for dwlr.

I personally think that dwlrs has more effect

Zomb
Looks like all u did is ,clouds ,insert a render, and blending

yes i kinda did that too but that sig was made on a day b4 i was leaving for rest of week so it was last minute quality Razz
Ferret

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 SotW-ParticipantSig of the Week #1 Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Personally I thought the clouds made a better background for this render than some of the other stuff I tried but whatever.

Anyway I vote for Dwlr because the blending is nice leaving no clear evidence that its not actually just 1 pic cropped so the flow of the image looks really nice. I also like the lighting affect its hard to explain but i guess it just seems like the lighting is in the right spot/intensity.

Ferret's doesn't have any blending and that bothers me a little and a couple spots in the background look like there is a line because of a complete split in the lighting from one pixel to the next. Altogether it seems like a good attempt not knowing his previous experience making banners.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 SotW-SilverSig of the Week #1 Pkmn-Participant-1Sig of the Week #1 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week #1 Dio-TributeSig of the Week #1 Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Afterburn Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:13 am

My vote goes to ZomB because I like his choice of colors and his sig allows more to look at and enjoy. It makes children smile too.
Afterburn

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 Pkmn-Participant-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Well as of right now its:
Dwlr: 2
Zomb: 2
Ferret: 0

so we can't really declare a winner. I'll post the next theme but if it can't be agreed upon it will be changed before the end of Monday.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 SotW-SilverSig of the Week #1 Pkmn-Participant-1Sig of the Week #1 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week #1 Dio-TributeSig of the Week #1 Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuruya Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:58 am

I voted for Zomb

The light blue background and clouds look really good with the render and seems to blend well. Its a simple background but you can see more of it without most of the banner being the background and it doesn't take your eyes away from the render.
Tsuruya
Tsuruya

Awards :
Sig of the Week #1 Pkmn-Participant-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down