Scherox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the Week 12

4 posters

Go down

Sig of the Week 12 Empty Sig of the Week 12

Post  Zomb Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Theme agreed upon by currently tied artists in sotw 11

Theme: K-ON!
Date ending: Friday midnight (EST)
Poll closing: Sunday midnight (EST)
Size max: 500 x 200 px
Size min: 200 x 100 px or 100 x 200

Misc rules:
-Sig must be made during the open time of the contest *on the honor system for the most part*
-1 entry per person
-Max file size: 1mb (pretty much only applies to animated entries so as to not enter ridiculously large images that would bog down some computers.)
-Winner picks the theme of the next SotW (special circumstances may apply such as holidays)
*Winner has untill midnight of the following day after the poll ends to submit the new theme to ensure enough time is given*
-Provide viable reasons with your vote when the voting starts or it won't count. (An attempt to keep down fanboying the character. Viable reasons are reasons pertaining to the composition of the sig not just the render. Being innovative when fitting a theme can also be a viable reason.)
-Please don't make any comments about the banners or decisions about your vote until after the poll starts. Artists have until the polling starts to make changes or decide on an entirely different banner even after posting one. If you make comments or voting decisions it would be unfair to the artists.
-Avoid voting for yourself and if you entered something try to cast a vote to be 'fair'
-In the event of a tie at the end of Sunday the next vote must be cast for one of the artists in the tie and will determine the winner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zomb
Sig of the Week 12 Yuihirasawa
Dwlr
Sig of the Week 12 Yuisig
Alison
Sig of the Week 12 66984056
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 12 SotW-SilverSig of the Week 12 Pkmn-Participant-1Sig of the Week 12 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week 12 Dio-TributeSig of the Week 12 Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 12 Empty Dwlr

Post  prettyful angel2010 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 am

Very Happy I vote for Dwlr. The Background seems to blend in nicely.
prettyful angel2010
prettyful angel2010

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 12 Empty Re: Sig of the Week 12

Post  Zomb Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:28 am

My vote goes to dwlr.

Alison's is simple and despite how many times blending has been an issue with her banners it continues to be. Dwlr's has nice color and blending to it and it really looks like it was all one image in the first place but you know it wasn't.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 12 SotW-SilverSig of the Week 12 Pkmn-Participant-1Sig of the Week 12 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week 12 Dio-TributeSig of the Week 12 Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwlr Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:58 am

I'm voting for Aids, Alison's is a template sig yet again and to me I can't vote for something that basically screams "I didn't even bother to try". One thing I want to mention with Aids is the the picture she's holding seems to be closer to the camera so there is some depth to it naturally which depth is showed by selective blurring. A camera won't do it because it's not human nor will the original context of the anime since they're drawings and what not, but the human eye does blur non-focal things so that's something you might want to consider for the future, y'know self-improvement and all that jazz. Of course doing one or the other will likely get you criticized by one group or another. Trying to make an image has depth has a more natural look so those who play around with art (GFX) will likely appreciate it if they're serious, but those who don't give 2 hoots and holler' will say "Oh that image is blurry".

**If anybody wants to test whether the human eye actually does it go outside and pick a point (outside has infinite depth meaning that the 'background' goes on forever though obviously you're not going to see it due to you not being able to see things that are moving faster than the speed of light effectively not that you'd be able to make anything out that was billions of light-years away anyway.) and focus on that point for a few seconds, then without losing your focus use your peripheral vision to look at the things in-front of your focal or behind the focal and for a few seconds they'll be blurry until your eyes have time to re-focus themselves on the new point.
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 12 SotW-SilverSig of the Week 12 Pkmn-SilverSig of the Week 12 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the Week 12 Dio-TributeSig of the Week 12 Brawl-Bronze
Badges :
Sig of the Week 12 Speed

https://scherox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goaway Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:28 pm

dwlr because his has nice blending and is pretty
goaway

Awards :
Sig of the Week 12 SotW-BronzeSig of the Week 12 Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down