Scherox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS

2 posters

Go down

The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS Empty The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS

Post  goaway Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:57 am

So most of you know that Nintendo is going to release the new DS system, the 3DS, later on, probably next year. It's gimmick is that you will be able to see in "3D" without the use of glasses. It is also claimed to have much better graphics than the DS. So what do ya'll think of this. They could've just skipped the DSi and waited longer to release the 3DS with the DSware store and more, it'd look more impressive. Now that we even have the DSiXL, will people still shell out as much money for the 3DS as they would had the DSi not been released? Or does releasing more of the same thing make people buy more of each, thus increasing profit? Probably the latter, knowing how well the Wii Music/sports/fit etc. stuff sold.

So, how much would the "3D" add to the games? There will prolly be 3DS only games, since 3D is what I suspect to be the latest gimmick. I hope we won't get crappy games that just try to look cool instead of having solid controls and mechanics. The 3D is not all that the DS is going to bring, I suspect there'll be a control stick and a bigger screen, maybe a screen with no seam in the middle (It's possible but prolly fragile.) What do ya'll think?
goaway

Awards :
The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS SotW-BronzeThe Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down

The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS Empty Re: The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS

Post  Zomb Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:11 am

Well if they make the games exclusive to the 3DS then yes people will shell out the money. Personally though I didn't buy the DSi due to it not being able to take advance games. So when the 3DS comes out my DS will be fairly used by then and I'll be more willing to buy it. If i can still play new games on the DS though or nothing comes out at the release of the 3DS that i care about I will hold out until either something comes out I want or the price goes down. I think they should have released the stuff on the DSi to the 3DS though because like you said it would be more impressive and stuff. They probably didn't wait though because PSP had that new version of it come out and although still not as popular there was potential in it. PSP also has the downloadable stuff so I think nintendo wanted to show that they could do it too.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS SotW-SilverThe Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS Pkmn-Participant-1The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS SotW-Patron-2The Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS Dio-TributeThe Nintendo DS in the third dimension: The 3DS Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum