Scherox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Tournament: Battles can begin

+2
Dwlr
Zomb
6 posters

Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty First Tournament: Battles can begin

Post  Zomb Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Ok so its time for our first Pokemon Tournament. This tournament will be a simple tournament to get the ball rolling on Pokemon. The details for the tournament are as followed. Days are all figured by EST.

Registration Begins: Today (Wednesday June 16th)
Registration Ends: Wednesday June 23rd
The Tournament will begin: Friday June 25th and battles must be done before the end of Sunday June 27th.

Rules: Standard rules for Pokemon will be followed and can be found here: https://scherox.forumotion.com/tournaments-f4/standard-battle-clauses-t12.htm

Another rule: Do NOT tell anyone about someone's team. Although you can change your team between battles you don't have to. If someone knows your team they could try to plan around it. If you talk about someone's team or strategy you will forfeit all your battles (even those already finished). The same goes for if you use an over-hacked Pokemon.

If you disconnect during a battle and it is early on into the battle. like 1 or 2 pokemon lost and the number of pokemon remaining is close then you can restart the battle. If someone is losing by 3 or 4 pokemon or more than half the battle is over then the person that didn't DC wins the battle. Arguments about rules being broken or whatever will be talked about and a decision will be made by Dwlr and myself.

So please post that you're going to join so that we can keep the list updated and on the Thursday after registration ends Dwlr or I will make up the brackets (or round robin list depending on number of entrants. If you're really ready to battle you can battle any time after those are posted.

Prizes: Winner will receive the Pokemon Tournament Forum Reward and an in-spec (legal stats and specs) hacked Pokemon of their choice.

Currently Entered:
1) Zomb
2) Dwlr
3) Tsuruya
4) Afterburn
5)
6)
7)
8)

Discuss the tournament or post that your joining.

Last edited by Zomb on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:09 am; edited 9 times in total
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
First Tournament: Battles can begin SotW-SilverFirst Tournament: Battles can begin Pkmn-Participant-1First Tournament: Battles can begin SotW-Patron-2First Tournament: Battles can begin Dio-TributeFirst Tournament: Battles can begin Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty Re: First Tournament: Battles can begin

Post  Dwlr Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Tier limiting is common amongst 'wars' so I'd prolly add that type to the list, but I personally don't care that much either.

Tier Limiting: 1 UBER, 2 OU, 3 UU and below also the other variant is 1 OU, 2 UU, 3 NU. The latter being 'fairer' in terms of teams not being potentially not being broken by the high end, but the prior lets people use UBERs which they seldom get to use.
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
First Tournament: Battles can begin SotW-SilverFirst Tournament: Battles can begin Pkmn-SilverFirst Tournament: Battles can begin SotW-Patron-2First Tournament: Battles can begin Dio-TributeFirst Tournament: Battles can begin Brawl-Bronze
Badges :
First Tournament: Battles can begin Speed

https://scherox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty Re: First Tournament: Battles can begin

Post  Zomb Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm

I'll add that to the list on the first post so others can see them all together.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
First Tournament: Battles can begin SotW-SilverFirst Tournament: Battles can begin Pkmn-Participant-1First Tournament: Battles can begin SotW-Patron-2First Tournament: Battles can begin Dio-TributeFirst Tournament: Battles can begin Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty The Tourney

Post  LeaderBlue Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Well, I'd love to participate in the Tourney. Very Happy
LeaderBlue
LeaderBlue

Back to top Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty i want to join

Post  Ash Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

[/b]guys i want to join the tourney!!!
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post  LeaderBlue Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 pm

I would decide an other. For example: A starter battle. 3 starters from one region, and 3 starters from another. 3 vs. 3 Smile
LeaderBlue
LeaderBlue

Back to top Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty Standard Battle

Post  prettyful angel2010 Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

I vote for standard battle(i dont know... i dont like changes....that and my ubers,besides maybe my mew and deoxys, are useless^^). Also, any guestament on when the tourny is gonna start? im gonna be gone sometime this month for vacation.
prettyful angel2010
prettyful angel2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Well I'm out of town on the 19/20th of this month so probably not then. What we could do seeing as a few people have made mention of schedule issues is we could try to get a few more people to join over the weekend and then just leave the tourny up for an extended time so that people could get their matches but don't feel they have to stay out cause they might not be home at some point. Making sure that no one is DQ'd for inactivity because of a vacation. This would however mean that people would have to make sure they tell someone (Dwlr or I preferably) when they're going to be gone. If we get a couple more to show interest we can start it any day really and leave it open until it finishes as long as the inactivity has a reason and not just avoiding battles.

Edit:
So we've decided that as soon as we get 8 people we'll make up who is battling who and it can start. If we do not have the tournament done and you're going out of town or whatever give us a little notice in advance so we can make sure not to DQ you. If you're on the list above and this doesn't work for you please make sure we remove you from the list.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Sign up and date have been posted. Please join the tournament and prove your skills on the Pokemon Field. If you have questions or comments ask here and someone will get back to you.

Any posts above this do not count as signing up.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

First Tournament: Battles can begin Empty Requesting Sign-up

Post  Afterburn Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Sign me up if I may participate!
Afterburn

Awards :
First Tournament: Battles can begin Pkmn-Participant-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 am

Tournament Battles

Ok so the tournament has started. The roster for the tournament is small due to vacations and it being our first tournament but we will be running it as a round robin battle. For those who don't exactly know what that means, it means that you have to play each other entrant and whoever has the most wins will take home the prize. IF Ice can find his DS in the next 24 hours he will be added to the tournament.

Prize: As stated earlier Winner will get a Pokemon Award and a In-Spec Hacked Pokemon of their choice.

Yellow means they won the battle.

Battles

Tsuruya vs Dwlr
Tsuruya vs Afterburn (not completed)
Tsuruya vs Zomb
Tsuruya vs Ice
Dwlr vs Zomb
Dwlr vs Afterburn
Dwlr vs Ice
Afterburn vs Zomb
Afterburn vs Ice (not completed)
Zomb vs Ice

Record (W-L)
Dwlr: 4-0
Zomb: 2-2
Tsuruya: 2-2
AB: 1-3
Ice: 1-3

In 2 none completed battles the winner was decided based on activity from Friday to Sunday.

Last edited by Zomb on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Well its Monday and 8pm so I'm calling the tournament. People who haven't completed their battles are free to play each other but it will not change the result of it seeing as Sunday was supposed to be the end of it.

Winner
Dwlr: 4-0
Zomb: 2-2
Tsuruya: 2-2
AB: 1-3
Ice: 1-3

Congrats to Dwlr on winning the tournament with a 4-0 record. He'll be receiving an In-Stat Hacked Pokemon of choice and the Pokemon tournament award: First Tournament: Battles can begin Pokemon-Winner-1

Stay tuned for our next tournament Smile
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down