Scherox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the week 3

+2
Ferret
Dwlr
6 posters

Go down

Which one?

Sig of the week 3 Pollcapleft14%Sig of the week 3 Pollcapright 14% 
[ 1 ]
Sig of the week 3 Pollcapleft0%Sig of the week 3 Pollcapright 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sig of the week 3 Pollcapleft14%Sig of the week 3 Pollcapright 14% 
[ 1 ]
Sig of the week 3 Pollcapleft43%Sig of the week 3 Pollcapright 43% 
[ 3 ]
Sig of the week 3 Pollcapleft29%Sig of the week 3 Pollcapright 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Sig of the week 3 Empty Sig of the week 3

Post  Dwlr Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 am

Theme: CGI render (computer generated image such as a video game character rendered from a cut-scene and the like)
Date ending: Friday midnight (EST)
Poll closing: Sunday midnight (EST)
Size max: 500 x 200 px
Size min: 200 x 100 px or 100 x 200

Misc rules:
-Sig must be made during the open time of the contest *on the honor system for the most part*
-1 entry per person
-Max file size: 1mb (pretty much only applies to animated entries so as to not enter ridiculously large images that would bog down some computers.)
-Winner picks the theme of the next SotW (special circumstances may apply such as holidays)
*Winner has untill midnight of the following day after the poll ends to submit the new theme to ensure enough time is given*
-Provide viable reasons with your vote when the voting starts or it won't count. (An attempt to keep down fanboying the character. Viable reasons are reasons pertaining to the composition of the sig not just the render. Being innovative when fitting a theme can also be a viable reason.)
-Avoid voting for yourself and if you entered something try to cast a vote to be 'fair'

Ferret
Sig of the week 3 1pz2ps

Ice
Sig of the week 3 505csy

Zomb
Sig of the week 3 Krystalm

Dwlr
Sig of the week 3 AsukaCGIsig

Orange
Sig of the week 3 Dkcopy

Last edited by Dwlr on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-SilverSig of the week 3 Pkmn-SilverSig of the week 3 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the week 3 Dio-TributeSig of the week 3 Brawl-Bronze
Badges :
Sig of the week 3 Speed

https://scherox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sig of the week 3 Empty Re: Sig of the week 3

Post  Ferret Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Sig of the week 3 1pz2ps

My Entry for sotw 3
Ferret

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-ParticipantSig of the week 3 Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwlr Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:12 am

Alison gets my vote this week.
The scan lines hard contrast around the render bug me a bit, but the colors transitioned pretty well IMO even though the backgrounds subtle detail are dulled further by the scan lines.

Aids did pretty well but the lighting being off shifted my vote this week.

Ferret had pretty good improvement IMO, but it seems a little copy and paste still and I like to see a bit more original content though the wind he put to add a bit of interest shows some effort in filling the dead space.

Ice's render is blurred in the focal so I'd recommend making sure when he blurs the image to only blur the areas close to the camera and far away from the camera and not the main focal. The outside edges can be blurred to but it seems to just be a uniform blur over the entire surface. The background is copy and paste which is understandable for a beginner but even brushes show more effort than copy and paste of fractals.
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-SilverSig of the week 3 Pkmn-SilverSig of the week 3 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the week 3 Dio-TributeSig of the week 3 Brawl-Bronze
Badges :
Sig of the week 3 Speed

https://scherox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goaway Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:15 am

I votes for Dwlr. His has a realistic pretty fire effect that goes well with the render. Care has been taken to make the render flow with the sig, so it gets my vote.
goaway

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-BronzeSig of the week 3 Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:30 am

Ferret is definitely showing improvement each week but still needs to work on blending, this sig seemed to luck out in that it blended pretty well but i think it was more the background right behind the render than any actual blending attempts. I think another thing that should receive some attention is the background is a little more eye catching than the render on this one IMO at least. It doesn't flow from the background to the render.

Ice needs to work on blending as well and not just blur over his render, his backgrounds need to be a little less of just using one filter in GIMP and then calling it a background. Mess with opacities and layer options so that it looks nice.

Alison's would look better if you just removed the scan lines. They almost always bother me because its hard to blur the render to the background if they make up your background. I also had to turn up the brightness on my computer before I realized they were scan lines and not a pure black background (not really her fault but its a comment anyway). With scan lines it doesn't get my vote, without them it probably would.

Which leaves Dwlr's. The flames look really cool and it was kind of amusing that the bottom of her hair looks like it has caught fire even if its supposed to be in front of her.
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-SilverSig of the week 3 Pkmn-Participant-1Sig of the week 3 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the week 3 Dio-TributeSig of the week 3 Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuruya Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm voting for Ferret based on improvement. Hes doing better than he did the first couple weeks and I think that deserves a vote because he is willing to work on things to get better. He still needs to work on a few things like zomb said but I think with more practice they'll look better.
Tsuruya
Tsuruya

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 Pkmn-Participant-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferret Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:58 pm

I vote for the DK sig because it goes with the bg nice
Ferret

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-ParticipantSig of the week 3 Dio-Tribute

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookie Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:26 pm

My vote was for Dwlr. It was very eye catching and i liked how the flames looked. All you guys did great tho Very Happy Keep up the good work! It was a tough choice Sad
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomb Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Congrats to Dwlr on the SOTW win. SOTW 4 is already up and accepting entries. Smile
Zomb
Zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the week 3 SotW-SilverSig of the week 3 Pkmn-Participant-1Sig of the week 3 SotW-Patron-2Sig of the week 3 Dio-TributeSig of the week 3 Brawl-Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down